Thursday, August 17, 2017

Color Me Marvel!


I've been mostly cool to the modern trend for "adult" coloring books. But I'll have to admit I bit on the latest from Marvel. Color Your Own Marvel Masters is brimming with some really outstanding Silver Age artwork by some of the finest talents the company employed. But truth in advertising demands that the cover blur is rather misleading when it highlights both Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. Kirby is very much in evidence with thirty-eight images (not counting the cover) in the book. Ditko by contrast has two and none of it is Doctor Strange.  John Buscema is well represented with seven and Don Heck has several as well as a few choice ones by Jim Steranko. You'll recognize them all and there is a somewhat ramshackle quality to the selection. Still for ten bucks I enjoyed it, though I doubt seriously that I'll ever color any of them.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment