Monday, June 19, 2017

100 Days Of The King - Day 30


I'm not sure exactly when Matt Hawk, The Two-Gun Kid became my favorite comic book western character, but I'm positive it was after the delightful time travel stories in The Avengers when Two-Gun, Kid Colt, Rawhide Kid, and a few other owlhoots got entangled in Kang's machinations. When Two-Gun decided he wanted to visit the 20th Century and then palled around with Hawkeye on a busman's tour of the United States was inspired. That's precisely what I'd have wanted to do if I'd been in his situation. Later when he got homesick and wanted to go home, it felt exactly right too. It's exactly how I'd have felt.


The pin-up above by Jack Kirby and Vince Colletta is taken from this dramatic image of our hero from Two-Gun Kid #75 above.


And while I'm taking a look at Two-Gun Kid, here's an absolutely delightful bit of business, an intricate description of how Matt Hawk transforms into the the Kid. This points up just how much of a superhero template they were following when they revamped the character.


This appeared in the second issue of the revised Two-Gun Kid #61. Fantastic!

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment