Monday, December 26, 2016

The Post Of Christmas Presents!


Well another Christmas holiday has passed and with the usual good will toward men and the typical humdrum of Christmas carols now safely tucked away until next year, it's time to savor and enjoy the loot that has came our way. Mine was a good haul, a rich bounty of TV shows and movie flicks which are filled with superheroic daring-do.


First up is Deadpool, a movie I've never seen but my daughters had heard was worth not only my time but theirs. We're going to try and watch this weird movie later before they have to go back home. Looking forward to it. I've never read a single comic showcasing this satiric version of the character but I hear good things from those who adore the character.


Next comes X-Men Apocalypse, a movie which I've reviewed here. I'm eager to see if my opinion has changed since last year and if the small screen makes a difference. It's been my experience that X-men movies hold up quite well.


A big surprise and a very pleasant one is Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice. I loved this admittedly grim flick like I did the Superman solo movie which preceded it. It is not without flaws as this review reveals, but still I'm jazzed to have it at my ready disposal.


And finally the one gift I actually requested. Captain and the Soldiers of the Future was a kids show with a difference in the late 80's. It had some impressive computer graphics when such things were a relative rarity and the story was surprisingly rugged for a show which purported to be for youngsters. I've long wanted it but always balked for some reason and now am pleased as punch to have it in hand.


Add to all this a horde of new clothes, a trippy new sweater, as well as a sleek new coat (a little too stylish for my personality possibly) and I'm well fitted for the cold new year which is coming with plenty of protection and entertainment.

Happy Holidays to all.

Rip Off

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I remember Captain Power. I had an ep on VHS that I recorded and watched over and over. By the time I was old enough to appreciate it, it was long gone. I'd love to see the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched the first episode and like most everything it's better and worse than I remember. It's impressive for its time, but things have really changed since it blazed the way.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  2. If I remember correctly, Captain Power was the show that also featured "interactive" battle scenes, in which lasers flashed on the screen and caused toys with little sensors to interact in some fashion. Too bad they didn't release a specialty box set of the DVD's with reproductions of the toys, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct, the show does have a (nowadays) primitive interactive aspect. Most of the characters have little lights on their chests which tied into some gun or other a viewer could get. I like your idea but the price would have been prohibitive for me.

      Rip Off

      Delete