Friday, November 30, 2012

Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble!


This is one weird cover. I don't reckon who the artist is, but clearly this British reprint comic featuring the adventures of The Avengers and Conan the Barbarian suggests that the two franchises hook up for an exceedingly creepy crossover. At least that's what this truly bizarre cover suggests. Shades of Arkon the Magnificent!

And while we're on this subject. Here is a trio of covers which show an odd voyeuristic connection between the Marvel Universe and the Hyborian Age. 




The GCD suggests these covers might be the work of either Bob Hall or Keith Pollard. It's not clear.

Rip Off

4 comments:

  1. I really did used to love that comic when I was a kid. Conan, the Avengers, Dr Strange and Shang-Chi, all in once comic. It was like a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read one of those, but I love the extra covers we get since the stories get serialized. Some of it can look a little hacked out, but there are a lot of fun images.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  2. While the actual execution of some of those covers might be rough, the idea was awesome! What a great way to get two such time (and genre) separated features together on covers! And if I'd been able to get my hands on these mags, they'd have been my faves. The Avengers, Conan, and Shang-Chi in one mag?! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three worlds, those of Stan and Jack, Sax Rohmer, and Robert E. Howard all rolled into one. That's pretty outstanding indeed!

      Rip Off

      Delete