Monday, November 28, 2011

Stars In Space!


Here's an oddball Hanna-Barbera cover done over at Marvel Comics. This image of Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Captain Caveman, and the others tickled my memory.

This cover reminded me of this classic Justice League of America cover by Mike Sekowsky and Mike Esposito from long long ago.


What do you all think?

Given that longtime fanboy Mark Evanier is responsible for laying out this cover for artist Owen Fitzgerald, I'd suspect this sweet similarity is intentional.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you're probably right. Pretty cool side by side there. I used to love the Laff-A-Lypmpics cartoon when I was a kid, but I don't think I've ever had a comic of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't buy this at the time. Too many comics were available alas. Putting all the H-B characters in one cartoon seems like a silly idea, but it did work often.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete