Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Jack Kirby Omnibus Sampler!


The Jack Kirby Omnibus Sampler is the best "new" comic I've bought in quite a while. This claims to be a "100-Page Spectacular" and it most certainly is!

The artwork looks great and cleanly reproduced, and these 1950's stories are a far-fetched collection of outlandish horror and sci-fi. Most of the writers are unknown, but that artwork is undeniable.

At eight bucks this was hardly a steal, but it is a very fun package, and I find that phrase "100-Page Spectacular" irresistible most of the time. I've already got the Green Arrow stuff by Kirby from this era, so I don't think I'll pop for the full-fledged volumes, but this sampler is great.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Kirby one yet, but some of these 100 Page Spectaculars DC has been publishing ARE a great deal. They could be reprinting up to 5 comics. Grabbed some to hook both my students at school and my kids at home.

    I think I'll be grabbing this one for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 pagers have always been a great deal I think. I love the package. It's a big pile of comics in a handy format, enough but not overwhelming or formal.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete