Sunday, September 11, 2011

My 9/11 Anniversary Post!


I'm not much in the mood to spend my day reliving September 11, 2001. So I'll be spending the day trying to behave as normally as possible and stay away from the sadly cloying television coverage. I'm sure there will be some truly legitimate events today, and I wish them well, but I don't want to be a part of all that.


Save for this. The best comics material related to 9/11 are the two books by Harvey veterans Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon. One is a comics adaptation of the 9/11 report and the other deals with those events which developed later.


Also of note is Art Spiegelman's In the Shadow of No Towers about that tumultuous time in New York City.


And finally there's Herb Trimpe's wonderful tome about his work as a chaplin at Ground Zero titled The Power of Angels. It's not comics, but it's well worth reading.

UPDATE: I did not plan to catch any 9/11 stuff today, but I stumbled across this documentary on the History Channel. It's titled 102 Minutes That Changed America and it is assembled video from many sources following the narrative of that morning. It is raw footage and doesn't suffer from some news personality trying to put the events into "context". This is moving stuff. Here's a link to the full documentary.

102 MINUTES THAT CHANGED AMERICA

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment