Monday, July 25, 2011

A Super-Spectacular Ad!


I recieved this ad in my mailbox today and I was most impressed at the way somebody at Warner thought to make this ad evoke those vintage and highly-regarded 100-Page Super Spectaculars at DC. Clearly this program at Warner is geared towards folk with a nostalgic impulse generally, but this one went right to the past-loving pleasure center of my personal noggin. The 100-Page Spectaculars were outstanding comics packages, for the hardcore comic book reading fan.

Here's a link if you haven't checked out the Warner Archive. Even if you don't plan to get anything, it's a hoot to check out and refresh on some old and sometimes nigh forgotten "classics".

Here are some of my favorite comics from more recent years, attempts by DC itself to recreate those vintage bombshells of comics goodness.



Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment