Thursday, February 24, 2011

Upon Reflection - Faces!


This is the final installment of reflective comic book covers. This is in many ways the weirdest as it focuses on the human form itself as the reflective surface.









And as a little coda to the whole shebang here is the absolute most bizarre and rather gruesome reflective cover I've come across.


Compelling image, but very weird.

I hope you all enjoyed these. I've added to the previous galleries from time to time so check them out again. There are almost one hundred reflective covers I've located so far. It's turned out to be a very popular cover theme.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. It's been fun. Thanks for sharing all of these.

    In this gallery. I really liked the JLA one. The Green Lantern one is a pretty close second.

    The astro City and the Sgt. Rock are ok and the other ones I don't like at all.

    I've never liked the art in those Silver Surfer issues.

    Anyway, once again thanks for tracking all these down. Can't wait to see what stuff you have in store for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them. The Marshall Rogers and later the Ron Lim Silver Surfer are different. I was reared on Kirby's Surfer and later Buscema's lean and languid Surfer, so these later interpretations seem off to me also. Talking about this made flash on Alex Ross' Surfer from Marvels. I added it.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete