Thursday, February 3, 2011

Everything You Want To Know About Adolf!


I've never heard or read of this magazine before. The web location where I stumbled across this cover image had this to say about the magazine:

"Photo News Features Hitler #1 is the full title. 1974. The RAREST Marvel magazine publisher![sic] Cover to cover 76 pages of everything you ever wanted to know about Hitler with over 100 photos. Published by Stan Lee!!! This is the only cope[sic] I've ever seen! Your Marvel collection is not complete without this one."

Sheesh! Anyone have one?

Rip Off

3 comments:

  1. Yep. Picked it up off the newsstand new. Oddly, it got better distribution around here than most other Marvel mags! Was stuck in with the history and genealogy stuff at Fountain News in Cincinnati. Just a bunch of historical photos and articles on Hitler who was surprisingly popular at the time with a best-selling, award-winning biography released just a couple of years later. No idea what the thinking was to have Marvel put this out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. turns out he was Doc Doom. apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info Steve. I didn't live around the Cinci area back then, and this one I didn't see. But I doubt I'd have bought it regardless at the time.

    As for you Joe...That's a good 'un!

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete