Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jonny Love - Teen Swinger!















Until a few weeks ago this ongoing Charlton character was off my radar. He stayed hidden by remaining in Charlton's romance comics, one genre I only dabble in a little bit from time to time. But it seems that Jonny had a pretty long career in the titles Teen-Age Love and Teen Confessions.

As far as I can tell Jonny was a motorcycle hipster who roamed the countryside in search of romance (ahem) and wooed the ladies for his own purposes as well as offering counseling to various folks. He looks a lot like Rick Jones to me, a troubadour who travels the landscape on his motorcycle looking for meaning and a little something more.

Here are a few pages of a Jonny Love story I found online.



Above are all the Jonny Love covers I can find. Some of these are by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez who did work for Charlton before becoming a mainstay at DC on Superman and other great characters. Below is the cover art by Garcia-Lopez that got me on the trail of Jonny Love to begin with.



Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment